Nine things to start the year:
1. Wake up feeling refreshed like the people in coffee commercials.
2. Brush teeth for a full two minutes.
3. Finish reading Designing Design by Kenya Hara. He has a new book out, White. Both from one of my favorite publishers, Lars Müller.
4. Hope my phone will stay functional. Currently using the discontinued Samsung SGH-E870. It’s almost four years old and will be replaced by the iPhone Nano Flip.
5. Eat lunch away from the monitor. Have not been successful yet.
6. Recently arrived in the mail: it is what it is
7. Write more letters.
8. After getting laid off from work last year, I spent some time volunteering at the community center. It’s fun and good for the heart. Try it.
9. Send something to someone in the mail. Try this too.
Text and illustration: Johnny Mei